Hardwood floors are a timeless flooring
Engineered vs Solid Hardwood
Engineered hardwood floors are man-made from layering solid wood with plywood. Traditional hardwood floors aren’t layered. They are just solid pieces of wood cut from large blocks.
The lifespan of hardwood floors varies depending on how well you maintain them. If you take good care of any kind of hardwood flooring, it can often last a lifetime. Some things to consider to ensure the longevity of your floors are:
- Thickness of the veneer which tops the flooring.
- Quality of the kind of floor material used.
- How well you maintain, clean, and take care of the flooring.
The better care you take of your floors, the longer you can expect them to last. Conversely, if you don’t treat your floors well, you will see problems sooner.
Benefits of Engineered Hardwood Flooring
Although all types of wooden floors are a great choice for your home, sometimes the engineered wooden floors are a better choice. Consider these benefits when making your final decision on which type of flooring to go for:
- Engineered hardwood floors are more durable and last longer.
- Because of the layering technique used to make them, these floors are more resistant to warping or bowing.
- Installation is much easier, even on different levels of the home.
- The veneer finish is as beautiful as a traditional hardwood floor.
- Easier care and maintenance.
- Available in many different species (maple, oak, hickory).
- Available in different finishes (glossy, matte, etc).
- Multiple choices for surface effect (time-worn, distressed, wire-brushed).
All these reasons should play into your final decisions when choosing new floors. The great thing about engineered hardwood flooring is that it looks amazing in any room of your house.
My Affordable Floors offers free estimates and consultations on all our flooring projects.
Call us today at 262-653-1120 for a free, no-obligation estimate or just complete our contact form to schedule your appointment.