We offer full-service luxury vinyl tile installation in Milwaukee, Chicago and throughout both areas, as well as retail sales of luxury vinyl tile. And, although we consider ourselves hardwood floor experts, we understand the ever-increasing popularity of luxury vinyl tile. It offers a number of benefits that few other floor finishes can match.
The Benefits of Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT)
Here are just a few reasons that home and business owners are turning to luxury vinyl tile for their floors:
- Luxury vinyl tile flooring can mimic expensive-looking stone patterns like marble, slate and travertine, or even wooden planks.
- LVT is exceptionally durable, and resists damage from spills, stains and abrasions better than many other flooring materials.
- There is a wide selection of colors and styles to choose from, offering endless design and decor possibilities.
- Luxury vinyl tile is extremely easy to care for and requires little ongoing maintenance.
Luxury vinyl tile has three main components: a base layer, a visual layer, and a finish layer.
- The base layer comprises about 65% of the entire tile and is made of an eco-friendly material that provides flexibility, dimensional stability, and resistance to damage from moisture and dents.
- The visual layer is the layer that provides the “look” of the tile, such as French Gray Stone or Gray Marble.
- The finish layer is a special top coat that gives the tile its durability. The finish layer makes the tile resistant to wear, stains, abrasions, mold and mildew. It also adds texture, giving the tile an authentic stone- or ceramic-like feel.
Caring for Luxury Vinyl Tile
Although luxury vinyl tile is very easy to care for and maintain, there are still a few guidelines that you will want to follow to keep it looking its best. For instance:
- Do not use abrasive cleaners, detergents or “mop and shine” products on vinyl flooring. These products can leave a dull film.
- Do not use highly abrasive scrubbing tools or tools that have metal, such as steel wool pads. These products can damage vinyl flooring.
- Do not use ammonia or bleach.
- For everyday care, sweep with a soft bristle broom and clean with a damp mop. For occasionally cleaning, use a gentle, non-abrasive floor cleaner.
- As with any type of floor, do not push, pull or drag furniture, appliances or other large or heavy items across the floor.
Call Today For a Free Quote and Estimate!
My Affordable Flooring offers free estimates and consultations on all our flooring projects. Call us today at 262-653-1120 for a free, no obligation estimate or just complete our contact form to schedule your appointment.
You must be logged in to post a comment.