Providing the Greater Milwaukee & Chicago Areas With High-Quality Vinyl Flooring Installation Services
We offer vinyl flooring installation in Milwaukee, Chicago, and throughout both areas. We also have a full-service resale floor store that sells a wide selection of vinyl flooring for residential and commercial use.
The Benefits of Vinyl Flooring
Vinyl flooring is popular because it offers a level of durability and value that other flooring materials can rarely match. Here are just a few reasons that property owners choose vinyl floors:
- Vinyl flooring rates high for overall value in terms of affordability, durability, and long-term performance.
- Vinyl floors are extremely resistant to damage due to dents, moisture, stains and scratches.
- Vinyl flooring is easy to install yourself, which makes it an affordable flooring option for property owners with a tight budget.
- It can mimic the look of a wide variety of other floor types, including hardwood, ceramic and stone.
Special Considerations When Installing Vinyl Floor Yourself
If you are planning on installing a vinyl floor yourself, there are a few guidelines you will want to follow. These include:
- Make sure that the vinyl flooring materials that you will be using are warm or room temperature before you install them. Cold flooring materials will not lay properly.
- When you lay out the flooring, align the pattern with the most dominant wall in the room, then work your way out from there. Once you have laid it out and like how it looks, you can trim off the excess. (Typically, a 2-to-3-inch overlap is enough, and everything else can be trimmed.)
- Once you’ve trimmed the excess, you can begin cutting corners. You will want to be sure that flooring will lay nice and flat when you are done.
- If you have obstacles (like a toilet, sink or other immovable object), make a template from paper of the object, then lay that on the vinyl where the obstacles are. You can then cut the template in place to create a tight fit.
- Put down the flooring adhesive after you have cut off excess trim and cut out spaces for all of your permanent fixtures (like sinks, toilets, cabinets, etc.).
Caring for Vinyl Floors
To get the maximum lifespan and return on your maximum floors:
- Do not use abrasive cleaners, abrasive detergents or “mop and shine” products. These products can leave a dull film on vinyl flooring.
- Do not use abrasive scrubbers or tools that have metal, like steel wool pads.
- Never use ammonia or bleach on vinyl floors.
- For everyday care, sweep with a standard broom and clean with a damp mop. For occasionally cleaning, use a gentle, non-abrasive floor cleaner or detergent.
- As with any type of floor, never pull, push or drag furniture, appliances or items across the floor.
Call Today For a Free Vinyl Flooring Installation Quote and Estimate!
My Affordable Flooring offers free estimates and consultations on all our vinyl, wood, carpet and tile flooring projects. Call us today at 262-653-1120 for a free, no obligation estimate or just complete our contact form to schedule your appointment.