Ultraviolet (UV) curing is the most efficient way to cure hardwood floors. Curing the hardwood floor with UV light takes seconds, not days. Why wait so long when the job can be done quickly using UV light?
Most floors are cured by oxygen, and it takes up to a week to fully cure them. On the other hand, UV cured floors stay soft until the UV light hits them. This is because the finish has photoreactors in them that only cure when exposed to UV light. So once the light hits them, it cures instantly.
What are the Benefits of UV Floor Curing?
Curing your floors with UV light has more benefits than you may think.
- UV finished floors are nearly twice as hard as pre-finished floors and floors cured with non-UV finishes.
- The UV floor finishing cures in seconds, instead of the 30 days that some conventional finishes can take.
- UV cured floors are odor-free and produce zero VOCs (volatile organic compounds), making them a green choice for home and business owners concerned about the environment.
- Because they’re harder, UV finished floors are more scratch resistant, scuff resistant, and resistant to marks from shoe heels and soles.
- UV cured floors resist stains and chemical intrusion better than non-UV floors.
Tips to Keep Your Floor Looking New
You just had your floor cured by UV light, which means you have one of the most durable floors available. But there are some precautions to make note of so that your hardwood floor
- Don’t let water pool on your floor at any time, and don’t “over wet” your floor when cleaning it. Just use a damp mop or sponge to clean it.
notlet shoes with spikes or “spike heels” to be worn, as these can indent the wood.
- Never wax your floor, as waxes can dull the finish. In fact, if you wax your floor you may need to have the entire floor sanded down again and re-coated.
- Don’t use harsh chemicals that could damage the floor’s finish, such as pine soap, ammonia, oil soap, or bleach.
My Affordable Flooring has the best technicians in Milwaukee and the most affordable prices. We would love to talk to you about how we can elevate the quality of your floors with our UV curing service.
Call us today 262.653.1120