Carpets are great. They improve a room’s overall comfort and feel in a way that hardwood can’t. However, they can also hide dirt and germs that would otherwise be cleaned right away. So, how often should you actually be vacuuming your carpets? Let’s take a look to see just how to keep your carpets not just looking clean, but actually being clean.
How Much Traffic Does the Carpet Get?
Understand how much traffic each carpeted area in your house gets. For example, a guest bedroom may only get traffic a few times a month. On the other hand, the master bedroom likely gets the most traffic of all. The frequency that people enter and exit the room should be a major consideration for cleaning purposes.
A room with little foot traffic won’t get dirty as fast because no one will be tracking dirt or germs in. You only have to vacuum these rooms a couple of times a month. However, heavy foot traffic is accompanied by more dust and germs. These rooms should be vacuumed about once a week.
Benefits of Vacuuming Regularly
Busy rooms should be vacuumed often to make sure they are always in the best possible condition.
- Improve the look of your carpets
- Vacuumed carpets are clean and fluffy, making them look and feel better. Consider vacuuming before and after having guests over to improve your home’s overall comfort level.
- Remove most dirt, germs, and other particles
- Carpets harbor dirt and germs, not to mention glass. Broken glass hidden within a carpet could cause serious injury, so be certain to always vacuum, especially after an accident.
- Extend the lifespan of your carpets
- Regularly vacuumed carpets look better and last longer. In addition, you should always clean the spots right away if someone spills to avoid bacteria growth.
In a Serious Case, Call on the Experts from My Affordable Flooring
Vacuuming can help keep a carpet looking clean, but it isn’t always a hundred percent clean in reality. You should have all carpets cleaned by professionals at least once a year to make sure you don’t miss any hidden messes.
Call My Affordable Flooring to get your carpets cleaned by a pro (262)-653-1120