We’re proud to offer hardwood floor refinishing service in Milwaukee, and all throughout Southeast Wisconsin and Northern Illinois. With over two decades of experience as professional floor refinishers serving the Wisconsin/Illinois area, we’re proud of our company’s reputation for providing affordable, high-quality hardwood floor refinishing services.
Professional Hardwood Floor Refinishing Service
Since hardwood floors that are properly cared for can last anywhere from 100 to 150 years, we’re committed to using the latest technology for all of our floor refurbishing and refinishing services. This includes using:
World-class BELT sanders. Belt sanders are known around the world for their exceptional quality and precision. That’s why we use BELT sanders for our refinishing projects: Their standard of excellence is practically as high as our own. Click here to learn more about our professional hardwood floor sanding service.
Ultra-efficient HEPA vacuums. We know that having your floors refinished is inconvenient, and the last thing that you want to have to deal with once we’re finally done is a house or establishment full of dust. That’s why we use powerful HEPA vacuums and protective sheeting that catches 95% of the dust generated—so that you don’t have to.
UV wood floor CURING equipment. If you don’t want to wait days (or even weeks) for your beautiful new floors to cure, UV curing is what you’re looking for. Not only are UV finishes 100% cured in minutes, they’re 40% harder than other floor finishes. Click here to learn more about our UV cured wood floor finish options.
If your hardwood floors are showing signs of wear and tear or have become damaged from stains or moisture, we can help. We’re a full-service flooring company that handles all aspects of hardwood floor repair, from wood floor sanding, staining and sealing to repairs and refurbishment.
What To Look for in a Hardwood Floor Refinishing Company
If you’re searching for a floor refinishing company to help you restore your hardwood floors, there are a few things you will want to look for:
- Experience counts. Make sure that the flooring company you’re considering can prove their experience. Do they have references? Can they show you examples of their work?
- Know who will be working on your floors. Does the company you’re considering use skilled tradesmen for their work? This can make a big difference when it comes to quality and experience.
- Guarantees. Does your floor refinisher trust their work enough to offer you a guarantee or warranty?
- Insurance. Is your floor refinisher fully insured, in case there is a problem?
- Dust control practices. How will they control dust during the project?
You should only sign a contract once you’ve answered these questions and are confident that the company you are considering can provide you the level of quality and service that you deserve.
Caring for your Hardwood Refinished Floors
No matter how long it’s been since your floors were refinished, it’s important to take care of them. Follow these basic guidelines to prolong the life of your hardwood floors:
- Wipe up spills as soon as possible. Never let moisture pool and sit.
- Never drag heavy items like furniture or appliances across your hardwood floors.
- Use protector pads under furniture legs.
- Watch the humidity in your home. Ideally it should stay between 35% and 55%.
- If possible, shield the floor from direct sunlight.
- Never use harsh chemicals like ammonia, bleach, or acidic cleaners on hardwood floors.
- Never use abrasive cleaning supplies or tools on your floors.
Refrain from allowing shoes with sharp heels and spikes from being worn on your floors, and keep pet nails adequately clipped.
Call or email us today For a Free Hardwood Floor Refinishing Estimate!
My Affordable Floors offers free estimates and consultations on all our hardwood floor refinishing projects. Call us today at 262-653-1120 for a free, no obligation estimate or just complete our contact form to schedule your appointment.