Ultraviolet (UV) curing provides a durable and environmentally-friendly floor-finishing solution. My Affordable Flooring offers homes in Milwaukee, Chicago, and surrounding areas access to the best in UV floor-finishing services.
Benefits of UV
Hardwood floors refinished with UV curing technology offer a number of unique benefits that non-UV floors simply cannot match. Benefits include:
- Surfaces twice as hard as those cured with non-UV finishes
- Quick curing, instead of the 30 days that some conventional finishes can take
- Odor-free and will not produce volatile organic compounds (VOCs), making UV a more environmentally-friendly choice than conventional finishes
- Resistant to scratches, scuffs, marks, chemical intrusion, and stains
Whether you own a business that needs quick results or you’re a homeowner starting a remodeling project with your floors, the professional UV floor-finishing services of My Affordable Flooring is ready to work with you. In just a few short hours, you can have completely refinished floors that are 100% cured and ready for use.
Caring for UV-finished floors
If your hardwood floors were cured with UV floor-finishing, there are a few precautions that you should take to keep the floors looking fantastic for years to come. Precautions include:
- Keep liquids—especially puddles—away from your floor and make sure not to use too much liquid when cleaning. For proper cleaning, just use a damp mop or sponge.
- Don’t let shoes with spikes or “spike heels” to be worn on the floor, as these can indent the wood.
- Don’t wax your floor, as waxes can dull the finish. In fact, if you wax your floor, you may need to have the entire floor sanded down again and re-coated.
- Don’t use harsh chemicals that could damage the floor’s finish, such as pine soap, ammonia, oil soap, or bleach.
If you’re considering hardwood flooring and are interested in UV curing, then give us a call. We offer free estimates and consultations for all of our services. Call our friendly sales associates today at 262-653-1120 for a no-obligation estimate or just complete our contact form to schedule your appointment.